Effects of Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme is used for treating respiratory problems since centuries. Nowadays Thyme is an ingredient of cold and cough remedies. Thyme essential oil is antibacterial, expectorant and antispasmodic. It may help to cure gum problems or tonsillitis. The essential oil has also antiseptic properties, it can be used to treat little wounds ands sores against infections.
We distilled a Thyme from wild harvesting. The essential oil has a strong and aromatic flavour and reminds of campher. The essential oil has a red color from distilling in a copper alembique, which is also a sign for the chemotyp "thymol".
Examples of use
A few drops in an oil burner or vaporiser can ease respiratory problems and clean the room air.
|Shipping weight:||0,06 Kg|
|Botanical Name:||Thymus vulgaris|
|Plant part:||Leaves and flowers|
|Country of origin:||Portugal|
- H226: Flammable liquid and vapour.
- H304: May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
- H317: May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H332: Harmful if inhaled.
- H371: May cause damage to organs.
- H410: Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P101: If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
- P271: Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- P280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P301+310: IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician.
- P331: Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P405: Store locked up.